Published on 06.01.2017
Site Development Manager
The Site Development Manager is responsible for overseeing all development and construction activities, which include site identification, lease negotiations, regulatory, zoning, permitting, A&E, utility coordination and construction.
- Manage all deployment activities including but not limited to: site acquisition, leasing, due diligence, zoning, construction services, utility coordination, architectural and engineering services, permitting and deployment meetings.
- Create, update and manage individual project budgets to ensure projects attain an acceptable profit margin and returns on investment.
- Create schedules and maintain milestones within the project database on a daily-basis and communicate project updates and timelines to Construction and Program Management.
- Proactively identify potential issues and collaborate cross-functionally to develop a preventive action plan to address identified risks and threats.
- Ensure goals, objectives, quality standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and met, and that consistent communication occurs throughout areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Construction Managers and Supply Chain to identify and partner with select vendors to perform outsourced services for assigned projects; review and approve project expense requests, purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Solve complex problems for issue resolution; prioritize tasks to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Manage all internal processes and clearances and document compliance with policies and procedures prior to releasing any project to Construction.
- Serve as the single-point of contact between Program Management, Construction and General Contractors and vendors.
- Provide oversight of construction execution on all assigned construction projects.
- Maintain and manage contractor relationships assuring work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
- Able to take corrective action as necessary.
- Track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion to meet schedule and budget expectations.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, planning, engineering or construction management; MBA preferred
- Six Sigma and/or PMP certification preferred
- 7+ years of telecommunications industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in contract negotiations, sales, or legal administration
- 5+ years of site acquisition experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Proven record of successful national wireless networks deployment
- Experience designing and implementing creative solutions to challenges
- Understand business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; align work with strategic goals
- Sound financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon time frames through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to details and accuracy in all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- General knowledge of accounting practices including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software
- Demonstrated expertise in managing wireless professionals through infrastructure deployment projects, site acquisition and construction management responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry including knowledge of tower citing and construction, engineering, zoning, leasing and regulatory compliance.
- Able to work in a time-sensitive, high volume environment with functional groups throughout the organization to achieve business results.
Dallas Fort Worth Area