Published on 09.15.2017
Senior Regulatory Affairs & Spectrum Director – China & Eastern Asia
SIGFOX deploys its networks dedicated to IoT applications worldwide on the basis of unlicensed frequency bands under ETSI, FCC, ARIB and other national standards and regulations.
As Regulatory affairs and Spectrum Director, you will be in charge or take part in following activities:
- Carry out legal watch on telecom and radio regulation for SIGFOX expansion in China and beyond in Eastern Asia
- Analyse legal requirements to provide network and communications services in target countries and issue recommendations to marketing & Sales teams in the fields of spectrum, security and privacy regulations
- Develop regulatory and standardization strategies to promote SIGFOX technology throughout national and international process for regulatory developments (National Regulatory Authorities, APT…), in line with the Company's interests
- Develop regulatory awareness, expertise and recognition on IoT systems in the regulatory arena
- Carry out or contribute to the regulatory and related technical work-packages of in-house or external studies
- This position will require travel of approximately 30% of the time.
- Providing regulatory added value and support to Business and Engineering activities
• Carry out legal watch on spectrum availability and related radio rules for SIGFOX expansion in China Asia and for securing existing networks & services
•Analyse legal & regulatory requirements to provide network and communications services in target countries and issue recommendations to marketing & Sales teams in order to comply with all regulatory obligations (security, data privacy, roaming…)
• Provide expertise and local support to other SIGFOX teams in charge of standardization, certification and operation activities (standardization committees, type approval processes, interference troubleshooting and spectrum measurements)
• Provide or contribute to the regulatory and related technical work-packages of in-house or external studies
• Contribute to the regional frequency plan allowing SIGFOX operation with optimal performance and geographic footprint
- Promoting the company's interests during regulatory and spectrum negotiation cycles at national and international levels
• Develop strategies to promote SIGFOX technology throughout national and international process for regulatory developments, in line with the Company's industrial interests
• Coordinate the regulatory strategy in China and beyond in eastern Asia with other teams involved within the company
• Develop and defend associated contributions to regional or national administrations (MITT, MSIP, MIC,OFCA, MOTC….)
• Run regulatory and technical studies to sustain the regulatory strategy, either directly or with subcontractors
• Develop regulatory awareness, expertise and recognition on IoT systems in the regulatory arena
- Management and support of the Company relationships with the various ministries, government agencies and related state and public enterprises within the Spectrum and related vertical areas
- Leadership responsibility in developing and maintaining good working relationships with both senior and working level Ministry people involved in implementing and defining policies associated with Sigfox target communications space.
- Maintaining and leveraging a network of contacts in both government and enterprise that are engaged in developing products, services and policies associated with radio spectrum; especially in the Sub GHz area.
- Work with the Company and Territory management to identify key strategies for securing support for Sigfox requirements in specifying spectrum, equipment, approvals needed for successful operations.
- 10+ years’ experience in telecom regulation with specific background in spectrum management and/or network security & competition issues
- Knowledge and practice of national and international radio and telecom regulations (ITU, APT, APEC, MIIT, SRRC...)
- Knowledge and experience in network and radio engineering for the development of low-power devices and/or the deployment of mobile networks
- Knowledge in security and data regulation
- Understands business drivers for industry – regulatory – standards interactions
- Managerial experience running department and/or teams,
- Experience working with or for enterprises (State Owned Enterprises or Private Enterprise) in support of defining or complying with Chinese Government telecoms policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills ,rigor, independence, strength of proposition , good faculty analysis and synthesis .
- English & Standard Chinese: Fluent. (other regional languages Korean, Japanese… are welcome..)
- Engineer degree or higher education in Telecom Engineering or Telecom Law
- Preference for direct experience/employment in a telecom regulatory affairs role