Published on 03.31.2021
RF Engineering & Operations Manager
Our Sigfox USA subsidiary is looking for his/her Engineering and Operations Manager who will lead a team of RF and Operations Engineers and Technicians to deliver and maintain Sigfox USA IoT Network Solutions.
The Manager is accountable for defining and delivering the RF designs, as well as the operations of Sigfox Networks. It involves significant hands-on activities, often “doing” as well as “managing.”
The manager will establish and enforce testing and performance standards that ensure compliance with contractual performance metrics and customer requirements.
The Engineering and Operations Manager will collaborate with Deployment, Sales, and the Customer Support teams to prioritize and manage the deployment pipeline and ensure SLAs are met.
As the RF Engineering and Operations Manager, you will :
- Lead, develop, and mentor Engineering and Operations resources in the design, delivery and maintenance of wireless networks.
- Oversee the day-to-day network operations, performance, ticketing, escalations, and communications with internal departments and external customers.
- Provide hands-on management of technically complex installations, including performing installations at customer premises.
- Develop, update, and maintain the necessary processes and procedures to monitor the network, working with other departments in the U.S. and abroad.
- Ownership of the network Repair and Maintenance (R&M) Plan and Process, including vendor procurement and management.
- Manage Network Operations financials, including: R&M bidding and proposals, purchase orders, and approval of vendor invoices.
- Track and manage engineering and operations projects, and prepare analyses reports.
- Support other functional managers of the Network team contributing to the overall Network Build-out and Operations.
- Support the Sales team and address Customer requests and network-related inquiries.
- Collaborate with the Network Vice President to evaluate emerging technologies and develop technical solutions to support innovation and new product initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. If you’re someone who refuses to settle for ‘good enough’ and believes in achieving the impossible, then we want you.
- An opportunity for your creativity and problem solving to thrive.
- You get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people in the industry.
- Dynamic and diverse environment with free coffee and the occasional “healthy” snacks!
What are we looking for?
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks, respond to department requests, and collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve amazing results.
- Enthusiastic, diligent and resourceful in achieving outstanding results.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Good strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or wireless communications engineering is required. An MBA or a PMP Certification is preferred.
- 7+ years of demonstrated SME in the U.S. wireless industry; network design and operations.
- 5+ years in management and leading technical teams in a start-up fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years in budget and vendor procurement and management.
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills; with the ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to successfully meet commitments and deadlines.
- Expert-level practical and theoretical knowledge of RF Engineering and tools.
- Expert-level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Project); programming preferred.
- Travel 30% to 70% within the United States