Published on 07.25.2017
Presales Practice Director
The Director of the PSS practice will be in charge of the management of the PSS practice team.
He/she will have to put in place the strategy regarding Sigfox IoT technical presales matters collected, processes and good practices for the PSS regional teams.
Job based in Toulouse with international travel.
Sigfox deploys its network worldwide through distribution agreements with local partners (Sigfox Operator – SO), in charge of deploying and maintaining the network, and marketing and selling connectivity thanks to customer, channels and ecosystem development. The relationship with each SO is managed by a Country Manager. Development of connectivity is mainly triggered by customers or channels of Sigfox Operators through their ability to implement IoT Solutions.
The objective of the Pre-Sales Support (PSS) practice team is to develop and maintain technical and project management skills in order to support Distribution Agreement (DA) signature (Pre DA Phase) and IoT solution selling across organisation (post DA phase):
- SO sales team
- Regional support team
- Practice team
The main responsibility of the Director, Pre-Sales Support – Practice is to:
- Manage the practice, provide guidance and arbitrate practice activities and deliverables
- Represent the practice within Sigfox on presales practice matters
- Analyse requirements from PSS in regions and SO in order to increase PSS performance in regions and support better Sigfox Operators i.e.
- Optimization of support practices & tools
- Definition of PSS trainings plans and content for CM & SO
- Make sure that the local application of practices is provided in a consistent way with the Sigfox policies.
As the Director of you will be the central point of contact and responsible to collect, analyse inputs and feedback from the PSS regional teams, Country Managers and Sigfox. Operators. It also includes and other relevant Sigfox departments to regularly update and enhance the Practices deliverables.
- Generic responsibilities during both Pre DA phase and Post DA phase
- Make sure that best practices, tools, documents, collateral, databases and training programs are consistent with regional PSS and SO requirements
- Gather and challenge feedbacks from CM, SO and PSS regional team
- Based on their feedback, propose corrective action plan and arbitration options to the Director of the PSS
- Advocate PSS requirements within Sigfox for transversal projects involving PSS team
- Make sure that business requirements for Sigfox product management teams is relevant
- Take ownership of technical issues and workgroups, drive them until completion.Prepare and update decision making dashboard template, provide consolidated reports (KPI, status, outlook)
- Propose, lead and challenge taskforces with other Sigfox stakeholders to improve PSS offer (processes, tools and methodology improvement, gather remarks and comments from them to improve team processes, to foster team collaboration)
- The Director Practice guarantees the results of the PSS team on supporting SO, making sure that SO is being technically autonomous in selecting channels and customers
- Follow-up and understand technical IoT solution design to drive and qualify local IoT solution development
- Get and gather relevant information from Ecosystem best practices (such as partnerships, best silicon vendors for a given vertical market, …)
- Maintain RFP knowledge database (cloud and device, technical, security…)
- Collect and challenge technical requirements regarding change requests from SO, channels and customers
- Create, maintain and challenge database regarding best technical partnerships
- Management of the PSS Practice team
- Encourage the team to work cohesively to address customer issues and resolution
- Follow the performance of the team
- Evaluate the needs of training in order to exceeds goals and expectations
- MSc/BSc Degree in Business, Engineering or related field, MBA strongly preferred.
- 10 to 12+ years of related experience in Pre-sales, business development and/or consulting roles – at least 2 years in IoT field.
- Technical expertise either in silicon’s, IoT network and / or IoT platforms: solution selling and support experience
- Good business knowledge (BP analysis, cost analysis)
- Proven ability to defend a competitive technical proposal for a complex project, ability to empower the stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including: organizational, written, verbal and product demonstration.
- Strong ability to manage deadline and work under minimal supervision: highly driven performer and self-starter
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Passion for excellence, contagious enthusiasm
- Ability to function effectively in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Cross cultural experience: fluency in English is essential, other languages are a plus