Building a deep communication service for the earth.
A safety net for all.
The ozone layer protects the planet and humanity. It acts as a safety net against the effects of solar radiation, and we cannot survive without this natural protection. Sigfox aims to create a global 0G telecommunication standard dedicated to the transfer of small messages – to give us all access to a minimum communication service.
As our economy, environment and social bond become increasingly connected, we must realise the importance of being able to access and rely on communications networks. We have become more vulnerable, as we depend more and more on digital services. That’s why we are calling for the creation of a global 0G telecommunication standard dedicated to the transfer of small messages – to give us all access to a minimum communication service.
This standard would be based on the following principles:
• The provision of a minimal channel for transferring small messages, that would complement other communication protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, Satellite, 3G, 4G, 5G, ADSL, Fibre…)
• Setting up a back-up channel in case the main communication links fail, or in cases where a network goes down after a natural disaster or malicious act
• Increasing and guaranteeing the security of networks and exchanges, to stabilize our digitalised economy
• Simplifying access to different networks to increase adoption
• Reducing energy consumption linked to telecommunications networks