03 May 2018
How to get started with Sigfox?
Are you launching an IoT project including Sigfox or do you simply want to test our connectivity?
Here is your survival guide that will direct you from learning about Sigfox technology to getting connectivity. That includes the whole process and tools useful to succeed your first tests. Which steps? Click on each one to learn more.
1. Learn from Sigfox technology basics to IoT product certification
Do you want to understand Sigfox technology and technical features? How to start a Sigfox project? Which hardware or antenna to choose? Or how to get your device certified?
These are relevant questions you probably wonder on the brink of your IoT project start. Sigfox Build is your friend to answer all these questions!
- Create quickly and easily your prototype thanks to tutorials, videos and articles
- Reuse open hardware and source codes to accelerate your design
- Follow the recipes to take advantage of our Atlas, Monarch, Admiral ivory offers
- Anticipate certification and type approval issues
2. Choose your development kit
The easiest way to discover the Sigfox technology is through a development or evaluation kit, provided by one of our many partners. These kits enable users to send their first Sigfox messages within minutes. They are very easy to use and provide an out-of-the-box experience: Sigfox connectivity is bundled with the hardware.
As soon as you receive your kit, you can access our network with no extra work, and get an account on the Sigfox Cloud. Here are some references:
Arduino (Available in Europe and Africa - RC1)
And much more here.
3. Sigfox Network Coverage
Depending on your geographic area, there are different ways to access the Sigfox network.
- Check if you are in a geographic area with coverage on our map. If yes, there’s nothing to do!
- If you are in an area under roll-out, you can rent a Base Station by contacting Sigfox local Operator to get coverage.
- If you are in a country we are not in yet, purchase an SDR dongle from our partners to emulate coverage.
4. Get Sigfox Connectivity
Make your devices come alive! Get connectivity for your development kits or devices:
5. Sigfox Partner Network
Find out about the whole Sigfox ecosystem. Discover all Sigfox Ready products and contact the relevant partners for your IoT project:
- Component suppliers (Semiconductor companies and Module Manufacturers)
- End products Suppliers (device makers, solution providers, kit makers and IoT platform providers).
- Service Providers (Design Houses, Antenna Designers, Distributors, Test Houses…)
6. Get help & support for your projects