Published on 08.01.2017
Logistics and Material Specialist
We are looking for an experienced logistics and material specialist to be responsible for the overall order management and delivery of materials to our end customers. This person will be primarily responsible for the overseeing of end to end order management process from PO receipt to our customer working in a SAP ERP system, scheduling orders and managing the entire order cycle. The Logistics Specialist will also be responsible for managing all facets of material movement and flow within the Networks organization and lead the following functions: delivery assurance, working directly with our third party warehouse operation and scheduling of orders. The successful candidate will need to meet or exceed quality, output and delivery metrics in a fast paced, highly matrixed environment. The selected candidate will also interface with vendors, general contractors, Sigfox supply chain in France and senior management.
- Strategically manage end to end order management process, material ordering and oversee 3rd party warehouse operation
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Proactively lead the materials function to continuously improve processes and procedures including on time delivery, inventory accuracy, and material replenishment and flow.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Ensure all materials are received promptly and accurately from outside suppliers
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the department
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Required: 3 – 5 years proven record of successful logistics, supply chain management and procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain or Business Administration a huge plus
- Required- Proficiency in standard logistics software to include SAP or Oracle ERP
- Ability to develop Inventory Control standards and processes, reporting skills and analyzing information
- Must have excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and oral and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple project
- Experience managing a variety of vendors and teams, driving to deliverables and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment and ability to work independently with little direction.
Dallas Fort Worth Area