Published on 09.07.2018
IoT Sales Engineer
As SIGFOX IOT Sales Engineer, you will be responsible to manage the pre and post sales technical support function, with in-depth technical expertise on end to end Sigfox powered IOT solutions.
SIGFOX is the first and only public global operator of a cellular network fully dedicated to low-throughput communication for connected objects. SIGFOX is revolutionizing the Internet of Things by providing an extremely cost effective and low energy out-of-the-box IOT connectivity offering.
You will interface smoothly with customers, gain thorough understanding of their business model and target IoT applications and provide prompt and detailed assistance to them on technical matters.
You bring to this role your management skills as well as a strong technical background in electronic engineering and embedded software. Background in web software and wireless systems is a plus.
You are a team player, positive minded and service oriented. You have the ability to communicate complex technical matter in a simplified and accurate manner. You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written. English is mandatory.
You are a key contributor to SIGFOX US sales team and provide your technical leadership to SIGFOX US customers, partners, system integrators and technology newcomers. You will have the responsibility to:
- Be the Technical Authority in front of customers in NAM when it comes to SIGFOX technology
- Understand the customer’s business & technology and identify suitable application of SIGFOX technology to solve their problems
- Provide support (onsite and remote) and technical solutions to customers
- Regularly present SIGFOX technology to customers onsite and at trade shows
- Take an active role in evangelizing SIGFOX
- Design and execute proof of concept projects to demonstrate value to customers
- Troubleshoot issues and leverage the experts within the SIGFOX organization as needed
- Respond promptly and efficiently to incoming customer requests
- Deliver technical tutorials on the different SIGFOX solutions to help the customer onboarding
In addition to these responsibilities you are also expected to:
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of SIGFOX technology
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with employees, customers and partners
- Maintain and provide accurate activity reports
- Participate in continuous improvement
- Demonstrate technical curiosity, constant technical and personal improvement
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and ethics codes
High level technical knowledge is expected for this job. Specific experience/knowledge is required in:
- Electrical engineering (electrical hardware design)
- Embedded software development
- Wireless systems (architectures, receivers, transmitters)
- Sensor applications dimensioning: sensors, battery, frequency/temperature , casing, antenna...
- Full stack server side knowledge is a plus
Your personal qualities will make the difference:
- Strong management and teamwork skills
- Good interpersonal skills both written and verbal communication
- Customer service oriented mindset
- Enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful, hard-worker, efficient
- English is mandatory
Experience: Engineering degree or equivalent and 7+ years of experience
Boston or Dallas