Published on 04.25.2018
Internship - Social Media
The Social Media Trainee will be in charge of coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube & Instagram.
He/she will work closely with the Social Media Manager to create engaging content for Sigfox’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences.
Sigfox enjoys solid attention from the general media, business specific media, as well as from the Internet of Things industry and the general public. As a disruptive leader in the space of Internet of Things connectivity, Sigfox needs to stay on the forefront when it comes to community outreach through social media channels communications campaigns.
Sigfox is looking for a reactive, proactive and innovative Social Media Trainee, who will help in the execution of Sigfox’s strategy for engaging with the relevant communities.
The tasks include:
- Work alongside the social media manager to generate new ideas for social content to distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Propose social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the the visibility of company’s social content.
- Writing engaging copy for use on relevant social media platforms.
- Communicate with followers & respond to queries in a timely manner
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
This position will report to the company’s Social Media Manager, but work daily with the entire communications team, including the Digital Communications Manager, the MarCom Manager, the Events Manager & the Video Manager.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of Digital Marketing and communications.
- Displays knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their users (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side.
- Maintains excellent copywriting and language skills.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Other languages are a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of Photoshop.
Sigfox, as a learning organization and open minded on Diversity is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people & Women in Technology.