Published on 06.22.2018
The Financial Accountant will be a key member of our US Accounting team in a diverse and unique role, reporting to the Assistant Controller and the VP of Finance.
This role will be working with the Assistant Controller on the management and preparation of accounting related transactions for fixed assets, inventory, and intercompany related activity across the Company’s four legal entities. This role would be working alongside the VP Finance, assisting in the preparation of key monthly and quarterly reporting to be used in corporate decision making.
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Accumulated Depreciation Ledgers Across four US Entities.
- Review Purchase Transactions to Ensure Proper Expense or Capitalization in Accordance with Company Policies and GAAP
- Prepare Reports and Journal Entries on a Monthly Basis to Record Acquisitions, Disposals, Depreciation and Gains
- Generate Monthly Intercompany Billings Across all US Entities, and with our Foreign Affiliates
- Responsible for the Elimination and Reconciliation of all Intercompany Assets, Liabilities, Revenue and Expense
- Coordinate Cross-functionally amongst US Departments and Foreign Affiliates on Intercompany Questions and Reconciliations
- Prepare all Necessary Month-End and Annual Reporting as it Relates to Inventory, Fixed Assets, and Intercompany Activity
- Prepare Ongoing Analytical Reports Regarding the Company’s Capex Position
- Identify financial status and variances by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecast
- Develop and Distribute Department Level Quarterly Reports
- Assists the VP Finance in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements
- Ad hoc projects, as required
- Experience with Monthly GL Close Process, Debits and Credits and How to Prepare Account Reconciliations
- Strong Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS Standards as it relates to Fixed Assets, Inventory and Intercompany Transactions
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to Work Independently and Cross-Functionally
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Effective Communication Skills – Oral and Written
- Strong Work Ethic
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, Preferred
- Big Four Experience is a Plus
Sigfox, as a learning organization and open minded on Diversity is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people & Women in Technology.