Facility managers reduce costs and predict needs with IoT buttons
- As the facilities management market increases in value, competition between suppliers will follow the same trend
- Increasingly, contract negotiations are becoming value-driven, rather than cost-driven.
- Clients want to form a deep business relationship with someone who truly understands their business and can predict their needs.
- Technology is an important innovation and efficiency driver.
- The move away from cost and towards customer relationship management is already underway at home
- Simple button devices connected to the Sigfox IoT global network enables facilities managers to reduce costs, predict client needs and delight customers with exceptional service.
Facility management is becoming value-driven
Business is booming in the facilities management industry. Today, worldwide market value is estimated to be US$29 billion. By 2021, experts predict it will almost double to $57 billion. As the market increases in value, competition between suppliers will increase. Cost is important when choosing a facilities manager, but it is not the only driver. Increasingly, contract negotiations are becoming value-driven, rather than cost-driven. Offices, hotels, bars and restaurants don’t just want someone who will replenish stock and clean facilities for the lowest price. They want to form a deep business relationship with someone who truly understands their business and can predict their needs. This means technology is an important innovation and efficiency driver. For example, web-based booking systems are increasingly becoming common and are expected as standard by some clients.
The move away from cost and towards customer relationship management is already underway in the home with the introduction of Amazon Dash. Now, for the first time, facility management companies can provide the same level of customer care to their clients. How is this possible? It’s all down to Button devices connected to the Sigfox IoT global network. By providing a global, low-cost, IoT connectivity solution, facilities managers can reduce costs, predict client needs and delight customers with exceptional service.
Connected button is easy to setup and easy to use
Button devices have one of the simplest internet user interfaces in the world. Anyone, including children, can use the device instinctively, making it perfect for international facility management companies.
The solution comes ready to use out of the box. There is no set up required other than attaching it to an appropriate utility, and alerts will instantly be sent to a management dashboard. No Wi-Fi connection or Bluetooth pairing is needed for the device to function, either. Button devices are shipped with connection to the Sigfox network already established so that they can send data to the cloud right away.
But that doesn’t mean there is no room for configuration. Devices can be branded with facility management logos, or any other message. Devices are available in various sizes so that managers can tailor their solution to clients and their space.
Where can it be used?
Button devices can be used by facility managers who provide services to practically any kind of industry.
How will facilities managers benefit?