Published on 01.15.2018
Director of communications
The Director of Communications is accountable for defining, developing and implementing the communication plans & strategy at Corporate level as well as within the regions.
As such, he / she is responsible for establishing with all the team the roadmap for P.R & Media Relations / Social Media / Events / Brand communication.
He/she will drive the lead generation strategy in coordination with the sales force and Coordinating Communication across the organisation and in particular with Marketing, HR and sales.
The Director of Communications is a key leadership stakeholders of Sigfox to drive our strategy execution forward.
- Ensuring profitable growth of the business by supporting our capability expansion and customer adoption strategy through the development and execution of communication plans and strategies across our Go-To-Market Channels (SOs; Partners; IOT Agency; Adoption & Evangelisation; etc…). His / her main objective in this area is to drive lead generation and tangible opportunities to grow our business.
- Challenging the status quo of the business and the communications department and seeking out new creative and innovative ways and opportunities for elevating the business’s brand.
- Identifying and promoting newsworthy stories and topics of interest on the business’s behalf ahead of the curve, which establishes the business as thought leader, which increases the business’s popularity with the audience.
- Establishing meaningful relationships internally across the business and externally with customers; channels and media personnel leading to an increased generation of content in the media, customers forums, and on social media platforms. This in turn leads to audience segmentation and promotes measurable actions.
- Formulation of a business-wide communication strategy that apply form the top down; all the way from the CEO and other top executive leaders within the business: ensuring that every department in the business plays an ambassadorship role to the organization during content creation or outward communications.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the business’s communication channels and putting in place measures that will create awareness and momentum as well as testing the effectiveness of communication activities in the business.
- Driving analyses on audience segmentation, key messages, communications schedules etc, reporting findings directly to his / her management and key stakeholders.
- Taking on a leadership role over the entire communications department.
- Allocating appropriate talent and resources in all communications initiatives and guides them to completion.
- Playing the lead role of creating and developing annual strategic communication plans for the business and executes key elements of the plan while simultaneously providing guidelines, tools, templates, and role delegation for elements to be executed in the plans (including key personnel recruitment, continued establishment and follow up on the department’s strategic direction, as well as defining priorities and coordinating cross-functional initiatives).
The role of Director of Communications is highly collaborative and the Director works cross-functionally with numerous departments of the business.
- Master’s degree in Communications / Marketing /Business Administration / Journalism / Public Relations / International Relations or any other related field associated with a working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a leadership position of a business preferably in the position of a Head of PR or a Head of Content.
- Proven experience in building, coaching, and mentoring a team of communications specialists and in leading the execution of communications strategies that led to a business’s customer base expansions and financial performance improvement.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English & French.
- Leadership qualities: able to move a crowd and inspire them to work towards a common goal and vision.
- Excellent project management skills: ability to face stressful and uncertain situations
- High level of analytical and technological skills: familiar with digital channel programs and strategies, inclusive of new and emerging technologies that support content/message delivery and measurement.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strategic thinker: able to provide lasting solutions for departmental issues
- Be at the forefront of most of the business’s interactions with the media and the consumers on various platforms and settings: able to determinate the tone of all content.
Sigfox, as a learning organization and open minded on Diversity is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people and adapt their workplace
Toulouse or Paris