Published on 11.16.2021
Customer Support Engineer
The Service Delivery department aims at providing excellence and efficiency in the delivery of Sigfox Services to Customers while continuously increasing our value proposition to Customers.
As part of the Customer Support team, the Customer Support Engineer mission is to be a reference for support requests, Sigfox Operators operational support relationship, and lead the development of automation operational scripts.
Sigfox is the world leading IoT network and service provider, with a globally recognized and unique value proposition grouping both radio spectrum and cloud service technology deployed in more than 70 countries on all continents. As a dynamic, diverse and customer-driven organization, Sigfox offers a tremendously attractive position within their Labège office as part of the Customer Support team.
WIN / WIN MISSIONS
The Customer Support Engineer is accountable for:
- Support request stream and compliance to associated SLAs,
- Proactive operational support for an identified portfolio of Sigfox Operators related to our EMEA region,
- Represent Sigfox service delivery in customer-facing duty, in collaboration with SOs,
- Lead automation scripts development process, from specification to roll out.
Support request stream
- Be an active Level 2 support agent towards our SO, partner and customer communities, contributing to the pooled support request resolution by handling tickets workflows from assignment/escalation from Level 1 (Service Desk) to closure,
- Proactively contribute to Sigfox Support knowledge data-base, by keeping all documentation, training material and reference records updated,
- Drive continuous improvement on processes dealing with support requests,
- Develop expertise in a given set of subject matters to become the operational and technical reference within the team, but also at department and even company level,
- As a support agent, contribute to internal Sigfox projects development, needs expression and collection, delivery acceptance and rollout.
- For a portfolio of our most critical Sigfox Operators partners (Sigfox Operators or “SO” are external parties owning network deployment, maintenance and operations, but also in charge of nation-wide marketing and sales duties).
- Be the insider operational reference and follow-up on SO network’s and service performance,
- Ensure knowledge levels of SO’s operational and technical pre-sales teams are up to defined standards, and specifically for partners joining the community, ensure the full operational on-boarding plan is successful,
- Perform monthly service reviews with SO’s within the assigned portfolio,
- Assess SO performance and overall operational maturity status, and ensure the status is continuously updated, as an input to the overall SO community strategy steering,
- Represent Sigfox operations and provide guidance on request,
- Provide support, to customers based on their request and escalation,
- Optionally be responsible for Service Delivery dedicated to key customers who are the subject of specific account management by Sigfox Sales and Marketing (activity under the CSDM supervision).
Operational scripts leader
- At the head of a virtual team composed of staff members from the whole department, drive internal script development process:
- Qualify requests for operational scripts and collect top-level requirements (functional, operational, maintainability, etc…) from requestor,
- Animate requests workflow and development sequence (requirements, test plans and acceptance criteria set, development, validation and testing, documentation, roll-out and training, maintenance),
- Ensure quality of formalized request and requirements, follow-up and/or carry out development, ensure successful completion of testing, arrange acceptance with stakeholders, document and circulate script availability to relevant operations agents,
- Liaise with all teams in charge of any components scripts interact with (OSS/APIs, BSS, data engineering, etc…) to ensure short and mid-term compatibility and maintainability.
KEY SKILLS & MINDSET
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a multi-national organization ideally within the IT/Telecom/Service industry,
- High level of technical literacy, experience or strong interest in the following domains is expected:
- Wireless systems and Networks, Radio interface implementation,
- IoT connected objects implementation,
- Embedded Systems (HW & SW),
- Programming and Scripting,
- Fluent with ITIL and ISO concepts, ITIL 4 foundation (or higher) certification or knowledge is a plus,
- Degree or higher education in information technology, engineering, business/economics or equivalent (master level as a minimum),
- Strong operational competence, technical thoroughness, proactive and customer focused,
- Solution-oriented, strong ability to drive both the big picture, detailed operational workflow and data analysis,
- The successful applicant will be able to interpret, report and discuss that info to different levels within the organization and with partners and customers,
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships within Sigfox (from Sales to Engineering) and partners or customers,
- Team player, able to work collaboratively within an international and diverse team, adapting to local constraint and time zones, as well as cross-functionally,
- Ability to recognize opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement
- English fluent written and spoken, other languages appreciated.
- Regular travels outside of France are part of the assignment, up to an approximate yearly rate of 15% of business days (on a needs-driven basis only).
Sigfox promotes inclusion and non-discrimination, and acts daily in favor of social mix, gender equality, senior citizens. As a learning organization and open minded on Diversity, Sigfox is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people and adapt their workplace. At Sigfox, we hire personalities above all!
Every Sigfoxer is driven by the project to make things come alive (ambitious)! Sigfox is the ideal place for personal (entrepreneurs) and collective (permanent change player) challenges. Here, 44 different nationalities live side by side: diversity is one of our strong points (multicultural). Sigfox brews lot of skills and positions and everyone keeps learning (humble) & contributes to the success (experts) of the company.