Published on 09.07.2018
Commercial Finance Manager
Sigfox deploys its network worldwide through distribution agreements with local partners (Sigfox Operator – SO), in charge of deploying and maintaining the network, and marketing and selling connectivity thanks to customer, channels and ecosystem development. The pricing models and associated contractual documentation between Sigfox and its SOs and between the SOs and its customer are driven by Sigfox Corp.
The Commercial Finance Manager is the interface between Sigfox Corp (Legal, finance, business development and SO Expansion) and third parties such as Sigfox Operators, and SO global accounts.
The Commercial Finance Manager is a key member of the Operational Finance Team who will be instrumental in increasing the profitability of the Sigfox operators & Sigfox Corp by:
- Easing the closing of global deals in respect of contractual documents and to the benefits of all the Parties (governance, partner agreements)
- Taking care of Bid management, special pricing for special global large deals
- Collecting feed-back from third parties about pricing, contractual frame work, business issues & opportunities
- Propose pragmatic, rapid and added value solutions
The Commercial Finance Manager will apply his commercial knowledge to accurately build and model costs and prices to maximize the profitability of Sigfox and address customers’ needs in an optimal way.
- Monitor the compliancy of all contracting parties with the Distribution Agreement and identify risks (legal & contractual, operational, commercial financial) and propose corrective measures in respect to the contract
- Manage special pricing requests from partners
- Collaborate with global customers at the design of complex commercial proposals to ensure global deals are commercially viable and deliverable, risks are understood and returns are to agreed margins
- Advise the Regional Director to help them improve the profitability of deals and provide guidance on contractual matters, including training to Sigfox operational staff and Sigfox Operators in contracting practices and procedures.
- Work closely with our Legal Team to follow-up on amendment requests and set priorities according to business requirements and with Finance/Marketing to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with Sigfox Operators and Sigfox Corp about contractual issues
- Handle on-going issue and change management in coordination with Presales, Sales, Service Management and Legal departments.
- Support Product Management / Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions
- Track and manage quick resolution of any compliance gap involving financial impact and compensation
- Review Service Management’s feedback on contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify areas of recurrent pressure, conflicts or changes requiring resolution.
- Qualified Finance, Engineering or Legal Professional with min 7 years of post-qualification experience gained in a BtoB environment (preferably high tech)
- Demonstrated experience drafting, redlining and negotiating contractual agreements (indirect sales / partnerships / alliances)
- Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses.
- Analytical and problem solving experience and an ability to think independently, and outside the box.
- Problem solver, capable to methodically evaluate a situation and provide positive recommendations and drive issues through to successful conclusion/resolution.
- Strong English oral and written skills. Ability to write and propose contractual wording in English and to convey complex information in a clear and compelling manner.
- Negotiation and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- Capability to work under time pressure and respect deadlines.
- Team player with an outgoing, with a straight forward personality
- International and entrepreneurial mindset
« Sigfox, as a learning organization and open minded on Diversity is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people and adapt their workplace.»