Published on 09.20.2017
The Channel Sales is responsible for commercial activities in the region developing long-term, sustainable growth in contracted revenues for the company from direct sales to corporate accounts as well as sales through our Partner Channels.
The Channel Sales is responsible for commercial activities in the region developing long-term, sustainable growth in contracted revenues for the company from direct sales to corporate accounts as well as sales through our Partner Channels. You will actively engage with the sales forces of our partner network to ensure the company’s account acquisition and retention priorities in these areas are fulfilled.
You are expected to have a detailed knowledge of the areas of business in which you are directly involved and a broad grasp of issues facing other parts of the business, sufficient to allow informed discussions with others.
You will develop working relationships with Channel Partners, End Customers, the Commercial Team, the Service Delivery Team, and assist in Credit Control and Product Management.
- Actively engage with your sales counterparts within the channel partners selling our solutions
- Where a channel is not in place lead direct sales of the solution to corporate accounts
- Establishing initial contact with potential new partners representing the company to establish a contract providing for a mutually beneficial trading relationship whereby the partners will introduce business to the company
- Leading and managing the development of the company’s proposition for customers in the market area
- Participate and collaborate in the delivery of regional training for channel and eco-system partners such that they are able to effectively promote Sigfox and its proposition to customers in the market
- Stay informed on the efforts of the Service Delivery team to meet the continuing contractual obligations
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with service provided to them
- Provide Management with monthly reporting of sales/forecast information
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all products within the M2M and IoT business in order to maximise cross selling opportunities and provide best fit applications to the customer.
- Maintain accurate records i.e. pipelines, prospects and diary entries in the CRM system
- Performing any other reasonable, but adhoc duties for the company as and when required
- Effectively deal with telephone and mail enquiries requesting information and/or quotations for products
- Meet and exceed the agreed specific performance objectives.
- Achieve team and individual sales targets as set by the Management Team within the agreed time scale
- Liaise on a daily basis with your colleagues and update them on any developments in your work, ensuring a high level of team relationships exist.
- Existing knowledge of product market areas i.e. mobile, M2M, Internet of Things
- Strong technical background, to explain our offering in front of customer’s product managers and CTOs. A Dipl. Eng. is an advantage.
- Perfect English
- Perfect presentation skills for customer meetings and speaker slots on events
- Sales skills with a high level of attention to details in written and verbal communications (min 5 years sales experience)
- Self-starter with a proven record of success in a sales environment
- Possess sound commercial judgement
- Educated to degree level with excellent interpersonal skills and high level of enthusiasm
- Results orientated, resourceful, enthusiastic and diligent
- Customer focussed with the ability to make clear decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM applications
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective channels and customers
- Pro-actively contribute to the further optimization of internal processes and workflows