Published on 03.24.2017
Site Acquisition Manager
The Manager for Site Acquisition will manage the full process of Site Acquisition including: candidate identification, lease negotiation and zoning and permitting services. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for supervising all in-house staff of Site Acquisition agents and perform quality control over deliverables. The ideal candidate should be comfortable juggling multiple site projects and clients at once.
This position is the SIGFOX’s point of contact for asset acquisitions including: towers, billboard, rooftops and all other possible mounting structures. This position negotiates and implements contractual agreements to assure timely and comprehensive rights to build and maintain SIGFOX network. This position secures notice to proceed (NTP), minimizes liability and ensures seamless rights to implement moves/adds/changes/terminations to existing assets.
A critical requirement of this role is the ability to identify non-tower site hosting opportunities such as: rooftops, church steeples, barter arrangements, partnerships and other non-conventional site hosting arrangements that provide for speedy and inexpensive network deployment.
- The Site Acquisition Manager is required to have extensive knowledge and experience with managing the full entitlement lifecycle of wireless telecommunications projects including, but not limited to: site selection, preparing SCIP packages, lease negotiations, coordinating environmental and regulatory approvals, and securing municipal approvals and permits.
- Research and evaluate portfolios to identify cost effective and fast to deploy hosting assets.
- Provide due diligence documentations for all sites, as required during financing and/or acquisition activity.
- Negotiate, implement and manage contractual license agreements with tower and host owners to assure timely and effective delivery of landlord notice to proceed – NTP.
- Evaluate, select, contract and manage the site acquisition vendor partners throughout the site acquisition process.
- Support Regional Deployment and Construction Managers in obtaining, reviewing and approving A&E deliverables from vendor partners.
- Coordinate with accounting staff to record payments of tower rental fees and reconcile the balances monthly during the close cycles.
- Accountable for meeting project deadlines and maintaining quality control of project deliverables.
- Uploads documents per specifications and manages document control as required.
- Resolves leasing, zoning and permitting issues.
- Manage site acquisition, zoning, permitting specialists and project coordinators.
Key skills & attributes
- Bachelor’s degree required in Real Estate, Land Use, Urban Planning or J.D.; PMP Certification and MBA preferred
- 7+ years of telecommunications industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in contract negotiations, sales, or legal administration
- 5+ years of site acquisition experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Experience designing and implementing creative solutions to challenges
- Understand business implications of decisions; display orientation to profitability; demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; align work with strategic goals
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to details and accuracy in all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software
- Contract and lease interpretation and negotiation experience
- Ability to analyze basic legal documents
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking ability
- High level of organization and scheduling abilities
Dallas Fort Worth Area