Published on 03.29.2017
Radio Spectrum Engineer
Sigfox deploys its networks dedicated to IoT applications worldwide on the basis of unlicensed frequency bands under ETSI, FCC and other national standards and regulations. As Radio Spectrum Engineer, you will be in charge of contribution to regulatory and standardization activities to promote SIGFOX technology throughout national and international processes (National Regulatory Authorities, CEPT, ITU…), in line with the Company's interests.
- Manage operational frequency plan and radio configurations
- Assume a coordination and focal point position for other resources involved in these activities across the company
- Analyse legal and radio requirements to provide network and communications services in deployed countries and issue recommendations to engineering teams
- Keep up to date frequency plan and organize coordination meeting with all teams involved in frequency selection and radio configuration for hardware and software specification
- Provide expertise and support to other Sigfox teams in charge of RAN optimization and certification activities (Certification and type approval processes, interference troubleshooting and spectrum measurements)
- Provide expertise and coordinate with engineering teams future developments and innovations
- Provide or contribute to the regulatory and related technical work-packages of in-house or external studies
- Promote the company's interests during regulatory and spectrum negotiation cycles at national and international levels
- Carry out sharing, regulatory and technical studies to sustain the Sigfox strategy, either directly or with subcontractors
- Contribute to standardization project and work items and provide radio and spectrum expertise to regional spectrum mangers
- Develop and defend associated contributions to regional or national administrations (CEPT ECC SE, APT AWG, RCC,….)
- Develop regulatory awareness, expertise and recognition on IoT systems in the regulatory arena.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- 5+ years’ experience in radio engineering for the implementation/design of low-power devices and/or deployment of wireless networks within operators or manufacturers
- Knowledge and experience in radio standardization, spectrum engineering and/or radio system architecture and design
- Understand business drivers for industry – regulatory – standards interactions
- Knowledge and practice of international radio regulations and standards (ITU, CEPT, ETSI,
- IEEE, FCC…..)
- Excellent interpersonal skills ,rigor, independence, strength of proposition , good faculty analysis and synthesis .
- English: Fluent. (other languages welcome: Russian, German, French…)
- Engineer degree or Master of Science in Radio Engineering
- This position will require travel of approximately 20% of the time.