Published on 03.29.2017
Director of Network Deployment
The Network Deployment Director is responsible for the management and execution of SIGFOX’s site deployment process across the United States in terms of cost, quality, timeliness, reliability, and flexibility.
The position reports directly to the Vice President – Networks, and oversees the functional areas of site development, real estate acquisition, regulatory compliance, A&E services, zoning and permitting, lease administration/property management, construction and project management. As the most senior deployment position, the Network Deployment Director is responsible for the deployment capital budget oversight, forecasting and reporting. Ensures project is completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of customer and SIGFOX, and in accordance with SIGFOX policies and procedures. Responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all documents related to deployment activities. Ensures the senior leadership team and customers are aware of issues that will impact project timeline, completion or cost. The Network Deployment Director is accountable for On Air sites, which directly impacts network reliability and customer satisfaction.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. SIGFOX Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The successful candidate will lead a team of employees and contractors responsible for managing the critical processes such as site acquisition, site development, material procurement (Bill of Material – BOM), purchase order processing, construction, commissioning and project management.
- Develop accurate project plan and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation.
- Executes Quality Plan - ensures accuracy of information, documents, deliverables, and forecasts provided to the Executive team and external customers.
- Manage assigned projects to completion, ensuring that all activities, including site acquisition, permitting, regulatory, construction, and integration are coordinated and completed on time and within budget.
- Lead internal deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Issue RFPs : negotiate and manage vendor contracts, pricing and processes including construction bidding, bulk pricing for development, A&E and construction services.
- Process development - Qualify National Vendors Build and maintain a National Vendor pool. Drive efficiencies into every part of the process and continue to improve on ways to support the business.
- Vendor Management – managing the site acquisition vendors and construction general contractors.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- 10+ years related experience within a technical field.
- 10+ years management, team lead, or other equivalent leadership experience.
- 5+ years managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP-PMI) Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field; Master preferred.
- Experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials.
- Solid communication skills and strong executive presence, both verbal and written, regardless of audience, medium, or forum.
- Results-focus and strong inspirational leader who can effectively collaborate with the multiple stakeholders.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to a start-up strategy demands.
- Must be willing to relocate now and in the future.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Project).
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, property management and site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills. Collaborative, yet influential.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to company and customer needs.